The USA National Academy of Engineering will sponsor an online forum December 5-6 on Evolutionary and Engineering approaches to Failure Analysis. See below for information and the registration link.
Explaining system failures is the focus of enormous efforts in engineering. Explaining vulnerability to disease is the focus for parallel efforts in medicine and public health. Methods from engineering have potential important applications in medicine, and evolutionary explanations for vulnerability to disease may prove useful in engineering. This virtual colloquium of the Forum on Complex Unifiable Systems will engage engineers, clinicians, evolutionary biologists, and related scholars and practitioners, to develop the opportunities at this interface. Questions to be addressed include:
- How are failure modes in engineered and evolved systems similar and different?
- How can engineering approaches to failure analysis assist in understanding disease?
- How can evolutionary explanations of disease vulnerability advance the analysis of engineering failures?
- What characteristics make some systems intrinsically vulnerable to failure?
- What next steps can develop the synergies between evolutionary and engineering explanations approaches to system failures and expand them to social and financial systems?
Please register here to join this forum on December 5-6, 2022.
thank you for updating us about “National Academy online forum on evolution and engineering approaches to failure analysis”. Author: lesson plans